CITY OF BEDFORD
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2014 CITIZEN SURVEY
Source: The City of Bedford, www.bedfordtx.gov
In 2014, the City Council asked the University of North Texas Survey Research Center to conduct a Citizen’s Satisfaction Survey. The survey created a rating system for quality of life and city service issues. 2,850 households were mailed an invitation to complete the survey. A total of 545 usable interviews were conducted. This yielded a margin of error of +/- 4.19%.
A highlight of the results includes:
|Quality of Life in Bedford||93.2%||Excellent or Good|
|Fire Department||98.5%||Excellent or Good|
|Ambulance Services||97.6%||Excellent or Good|
|Library Services||97.1%||Excellent or Good|
|Trash Collection Services||93.3%||Excellent or Good|
|Police Department||92.4%||Excellent or Good|
|Sewer Services||91.7%||Excellent or Good|
|Animal Control||89.3%||Excellent or Good|
|Control of Stray Animals||88.5%||Excellent or Good|
|Control of High Grass||74.9%||Excellent or Good|
|Control of Substandard Housing||73.7%||Excellent or Good|
|Control of Potholes||67.3%||Excellent or Good|
|Control of Lack of Sidewalks||66.1%||Excellent or Good|
|Control of Fences in Disrepair||59.8%||Excellent or Good|
Other Interesting Items of Note:
- 91.8% of respondents planned to remain in Bedford in the next several years.
- 94.9% of respondents recommend Bedford as a good place to live.
- 70.6% of respondents feel very safe living in Bedford.
- 44.4% of respondents say the Bedford Connection Magazine is the source where they get most of their information about Bedford.
- 19.2% of respondents say the Water bill insert is the source where they get most of their information about Bedford.
- 40.7% of respondents have internet access at home.
- 77.7% of respondents have visited the Bedford web site.
- 90.6% of respondents found needed information on the web site.
- 97.6% of respondents said city officials were courteous.
- 94.4% of respondents said city officials were helpful.